THAT DATE NIGHT: PINK COAT


Coat – Miss Selfridge (Similar)/ Dress – H&M/ Hat – Topshop (Similar)


I recently purchased a pink coat from Miss Selfridges and instantly thought that it would be the perfect dinner coat because it was such a pretty baby pink. I am not one to wear monochrome pink like Rihanna (Victoria Secrets circa 2014) but I was very inspired from that look. Although I have titled this blog post ‘That Date Night’ of course it could be worn for dinner with the girls or drinks with work colleagues. It offers the perfect smart-casual balance.



Hat – Missguided (Similar

I found this dress in my local H&M store and fell in love with the flirty frills and tassels. I would highly suggest you try it on in-store, as the size 6 was a bit short for my liking so I had to size up. Another tip would be to pair it with a simple tank dress underneath (ASOS sell some good ones for about £10) as the material is very light so you might end up showing a bit more than you intended. Of course you could add tights to this outfit but I like to live on the edge and my legs are hair less at the moment so why not?

Shoes - Public Desire

Lets pause for a second and appreciate the beauty of this coat! It screams winter wonderland with the baby pink and the small details also it actually keeps me warm despite the price compared to my vintage Max Mara coat which does nothing for me in this London weather (but I will leave that for another blog post).


At 5’3” I like to wear heels on an evening out however traipsing around the city in 6-inch stilettos is not always easy especially if you have the pleasure of taking the underground. Escalators are death to stiletto heels. This brings me to these beautiful heeled boots that I purchased from Public Desire the height of the heel elongates my legs and they come up above my ankle so I am able to wear socks without them showing.


Scarf – Zara/ Necklaces – ASOS and F21 

If like myself you like to keep things pretty simple in the outfit department accessories can take an outfit from 0 to 100 real quick *drake voice*. I completed the outfit with a hat, necklaces (The 90s baby inside of me cant resist a good choker necklace) and this beautiful stretchy velvet styled scarf from Zara. As you can most probably tell I couldn’t decide between the pink or the black hat so included pictures of both.




Oh magical make up! Although every girl likes to looks polished I think that it is important to have that natural, barely-there make-up. For the eyes I used the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream as a base and then applied Antiqued eye shadow from the MAC x9: Burgundy Times Nine palette with a MAC 217 brush but any fluffy crease brush such as the Real Techniques Shading Brush will also do. I then blend out the edges with Embark also from the MAC x9: Burgundy Times Nine palette and MAC Rule. If you would like a full review with other eye make up options please leave a comment and I will be happy to do it.


Eyeshadow- MAC/ Blush – MAC Raizin/ Highlight – MAC Global Glow

The lip colour can complete a look. The ideal lip product for date night is something that is smudge-, transfer- proof as you want to be able to eat, drink and potentially kiss without getting lipstick everywhere or having to keep topping up. Kat Von D has fantastic liquid lipstick that stay on all day but they are quite hard to purchase in the UK so a decent dupe is the NYX soft matte lip cream in Translyvania however it is not as long lasting as Kat Von D so I added MAC matte lipstick in Sin from the Toledo collection.

Hope you’ve enjoyed this little look.


That Little Black Blog x

1 comment:

  1. The information and guide that you describe in this article is very unique and informative. I always like such kind of articles. Keep it up.

    Skip Hire Near Me

    ReplyDelete